We are looking for NDT Welding Inspectors (Permanent and interim) who will be responsible for inspecting incoming goods, products, work processes and/or supplier quality control activities and quality-related projects. The role will also involve administration, audits and answering quality-related questions, as well as carrying out inspections and test plans, procedures and guidelines. In addition, quality standards, specifications and regulations such as ISO must be adhered to, in order to ensure production, maintenance and service compliance with quality policy, standards and customer expectations. Your duties will include the following:
- ensuring the issuance of inspection notifications. Carrying out visual inspections and issuing relevant reports, verifying the conformity of work to the specified quality requirements and ensuring that the inspections and controls are carried out and documented in accordance with the applicable inspection and test plans. When necessary, supporting the issuing of nonconformances
- verifying welding parameters and consumables storage and certification during installation/construction activities. Also, checking the availability and suitability of the welding equipment, filler material, pre-heating, welding, heat treatment, bevels, extent of repairs made by various welders (and taking any corrective action required), and checking the heat treatment record diagrams
- verifying procedures and welders’ qualifications
- performing section checks, ensuring that structures and outfitting are compliant to the correct specifications and that the materials are in accordance with the specified material traceability requirements. Ensuring that all welding, heat treatment and any material testing are all in compliance with the relevant codes and specifications
- ensuring the correct implementation of the approved inspection and test plans relevant to welding
- ensuring the preparation of the welding dossier for final handover to the customer
- organising and carrying out NDT internal cross-check inspections to randomly verify joints conformity
- supervising NDT operations carried out by external entities/operators, reviewing subcontractor documents and technical qualifications, and collecting relevant inspection reports
- liaising with the welding technician/foreman in order to identify the causes of welding defects
- providing training to NDT personnel (if needed)
- having protection measures applied (according to the instructions of qualified personnel) while activities with potential ionising radiation risks are carried out, always following local, national or international safety precautions.
In order to be eligible for this position you must have the following:
- more than five years of experience in welding and NDT inspections on complex structures, preferably within the shipbuilding industry
- a valid welding certificate (minimum CSWIP 3.2 or equivalent)
- qualified as a UT NDT operator
- a minimum of Level 2 NDT (according to EN 9712 or ASNT) in at least UT-MT-PT, although RT would also be advantageous
- good communication skills in Dutch and English, both verbal and written
- the flexibility to work in different locations and travel abroad if necessary.
HERKEN JIJ JEZELF IN DEZE OMSCHRIJVING?
Reageer dan snel en neem contact op met Van Roosendaal Technisch Uitzendbureau. Dat kan op verschillende manieren;
Stuur een e-mail naar email@example.com. Voor een snelle procedure ontvangen wij graag je CV en/of belangrijke certificaten.